Re: [xml-dev] My proposal: Implicit namespaces

Dave Pawson schrieb:
> On 08/06/2009 10:21 AM, Michael Kay wrote:

>> Another way to achieve this goal is to allow the designer of an XML
>> vocabulary (=a set of namespaces) to define
>>
>> (a) a list of predeclared namespace prefixes for that vocabulary
>>
>> (b) a list of local names that are known to be in each of those
>> namespaces
>>
>> When invoking an XML parser, the user should be able to reference
>> this "vocabulary definition", and the XML parser should use it to
>> resolve (a) any undeclared namespace prefixes, and (b) any unprefixed
>> local names. An "nnML parser" is then an XML parser with built-in
>> knowledge of the nnML vocabulary definition.
>
> So for docbook you'd have an author include all 300+ namespaced
> elements Mike?

No, "the user should be able to reference this 'vocabulary definition'".
Like - trying again :-) - in the DocBook DTD, which, in the future,
might contain the <!NAMESPACE org.docbook (para etc)> definitions.

>     Fine if Norm had them somewhere on the net I could reference them,
> but simply not practical to inline them in the document surely?

You might, however, be allowed to parametrize or enhance the vocabulary
in the internal subset.

--
Michael Ludwig