RE: [xml-dev] Wikipedia on XML

> XProc might be the answer: it bundles many of these little capabilities
> together into a larger package.
>
> It also, incidentally, has many "mini-transformations" such as renaming or
> renamespacing built in as primitives.

Yes. Now if only it could be available as built in part of everything...

The problem we found with DSRL (and Michael raised it) is that all these
renaming/processing solutions have to cope with linked document traversal
too. I was looking at providing DSRL support with Schematron, for example,
but then I found I needed to have a way to intercept the document()
function.

In the case of XProc it would mean being able to register handlers() for
the document function (or register a new URI resolver) defined inside
XProc, which I believe is beyond its current capabilities.

By the way, I think better wildcarding of match expressions would be
useful regardless of Xproc.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe