Re: [xml-dev] Serialization of XDM - Use cases / Proposal

Its pretty subtle, IMHO but this section to me implies that the nodes in a sequence are serialized as XML then the resultant text concatenated:

---- QUOTE

If the document node of the normalized sequence has a single element node child and no text node children, then the serialized output is a well-formed XML document entity, and the serialized output MUST conform to the appropriate version of the XML Namespaces Recommendation [XML Names] or [XML Names 1.1]. If the normalized sequence does not take this form, then the serialized output is a well-formed XML external general parsed entity, which, when referenced within a trivial XML document wrapper like this:

<?xml version="version"?>
<!DOCTYPE doc [
<!ENTITY e SYSTEM "entity-URI">
]>

<doc>&e;</doc>

-----------

David A. Lee
dlee@calldei.com
http://www.calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org
812-482-5224

Jim Tivy wrote:
008801ca38c4$91f0bfe0$9701a8c0@Taku" type="cite">
David

I do not see in this spec where it defines the serialization of a sequence.
I was not talking about concatenating "nodes" but rather concatenation of
text from a sequence after it was serialized.

Jim