Re: [xml-dev] Towards XML 2.0

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:

I think we need to focus on the greatest need.  I considered responding to the earlier "hysteria" comment by saying that most folks on this thread, and certainly James Clark's post were not "running scared" of JSON.  For my part, I embrace it, and I know quite a few others do who still want XML to be simplified.

I don't think it's a case of "running scared". I think it's a case of trying to learn from JSON how much could be achieved with something much simpler than we have today, but without losing the things we really value about XML.

Yes.  Exactly.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Weblog: http://copia.ogbuji.net