Re: [xml-dev] XML Redux

RDFa's presence in Drupal has had a lot of people very excited for some time, with good reason. RDFa in conjunction with Drupal's taxonomy modules can radically improve the navigational system of the application as well as providing descriptive metadata for human consumption.

Kurt Cagle
Member and Invited Expert
XForms, HTML Working Group
World Wide Web Consortium
kurt.cagle@gmail.com
443-837-8725

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Rob Koberg <rob@koberg.com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip/>
> The recent history of RDF formats has been quite twisty. Although
> RDF/XML is still the standard interchange between machines, it has
> been getting rather sidelined with Turtle being used for handwriting
> and JSON growing as a de facto standard for Web APIs. Then there's
> RDFa (in HTML) which has been getting big adoption for doc metadata
> (finally something has hit that spot!).

Catching up on blog posts the other day, I noticed there was a lot of
excitement about RDFa gaining adoption which was seen as sort of
mysterious. I wonder how much Drupal 7's release (with people testing
and using in wild) has increased the percentage. Drupal 7 outputs RDFa
by default:

http://drupal.org/node/574624
(don't know if it is the best link, but it was first)

best,
-Rob