Re: [xml-dev] HTML5 and almost no namespaces

On 6/3/2011 12:31 PM, John Cowan wrote:
> Michael Sokolov scripsit:
>
>> To belabor the //person/name and //place/name example: under what
>> circumstance is it useful for these two elements to share the same
>> name?  Do they have the same content model? I think not - one has
>> family-name, suffix, and so on.
> In fact, personNameProfile/name and organizationNameProfile/name, the
> example I was using, do share the same content model, namely plain text.
> The broken-out name fields are siblings of personNameProfile/name, not
> children of it.
That's an interesting approach. Do you have use cases where people are
interested in treating person names and organization names as members of
the same class?  If you do it would make sense for the tags to have the
same name.  I think it's less likely for places, but perhaps my example
was too contrived.

-Mike