Re: [xml-dev] RE: Encoding charset of HTTP Basic Authentication

On 02/02/2012 14:45, cbullard@hiwaay.net wrote:
> Not just a little Euro-centric jealousy there, Michael?

More frustration than jealousy, at all the good work that has come to
naught over the years, and all the people who didn't get the recognition
they deserved. But I guess that European designers aren't the only ones
whose ideas have been ignored in the relentless industry pursuit of
mediocracy. All one can say is, things are far better today than they
used to be around the 1980s - at least for Europeans; there's still a
woeful ignorance in the West of all the interesting things happening in
Japan and China, because they read our language and we don't read theirs
(plus they know the value of listening, lurking, and learning).

Michael Kay
Saxonica