Re: [xml-dev] Using XML (or JSON) for inter-thread communication

We have use case where we need to see the results of documents processed
earlier in our pipeline, but in a parallel processing environment they
may not have finished writing yet.  In a single xslt we are mostly
protected from this since the results of doc() and other external
sources of input are required to be immutable, right?  But we supply our
own functions that query external data sources and they (deliberately)
break this contract.  And of course if you run multiple xslts in series,
the results from the first one may show up in the second.  In cases like
this you need to be careful about synchronizing, and it becomes
important to introduce a barrier that waits for outstanding writes to
complete.

I wonder if this sort of issue is being addressed in any way in the
threading work you're doing in xslt?

-Mike