From: David Lee [dlee@calldei.com]
Sent: July 15, 2012 8:40 PM
To: liam@w3.org; Len Bullard
Cc: 'James Clark'; 'John Cowan'; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] "Introducing MicroXML, Part 1: Explore the basic principles of ...

> A W3C community group would be a fine place to discuss requirements and
> use cases and get a draft hammered out. Or maybe I'm biased there :)
>
> Liam
>
> --

I agree !

But ... to test the water, while I am technically interested I step and ask myself  "Why MicroXML?"
Is there really such a dearth of full XML processors that MicroXML has value over simply coding to simpler XML by convention ?
Noone is making you use the full (and ugly?) breath of XML in your documents - and (IMHO) Unlike SGML, there is a *plethora* of full XML parsers and processors available,
yea even in the Browser.

So ... partially as devil's advocate, but also to question why put so much effort into a new standard if simply ad-hoc subsetting of the one we have would suffice
"Why not just use XML ?"  Or for that matter, JSON.  What is the value add of a *new* standard.

-David