Re: [xml-dev] XML Schema Checklist

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 11:43 AM, G. Ken Holman
<gkholman@cranesoftwrights.com> wrote:

> So I do not see any interpretation of the specification that would allow
> what you ask.
>
> I hope this is helpful.

It is immensely!!!!! helpful.  I seriously appreciate it too.
I guess my, so far unstated, question is; how the heck do parsers know
whether they are looking at an XML schema that uses 1.1 specific
capabilities?

A (sort of) use case:
I am using oXygen with SAXON-EE set to use 1.1 because I know this before hand.

But since this is an openly available schema and hopefully thousands
of developers will use it and create restrictions based on it, and
instance documents on them. There should be some way for a parser to
know which schema version it is parseing. Other than waiting for it to
"bump into" a 1.1 capability.

I know that this has been thought of, so what am I still missing?
Thanks,
Tim

Timothy Cook, MSc           +55 21 94711995
MLHIM http://www.mlhim.org
Academic.Edu Profile: http://uff.academia.edu/TimothyCook
Google Scholar: http://goo.gl/MMZ1o