Re: [xml-dev] Four fine text-based data formats ... liberateyourself from one (silo) data format

On Mon, 2013-03-25 at 23:13 +0000, Michael Kay wrote:
>  KML and SVG both use microsyntax to represent
> arrays of coordinates. They don't use XML markup.

Yes, it's sucky, although there was talk in the SVG WG about changing it
and having a better notation.
> [...]

>  unless you are
> using an API like the DOM, in which case you have only yourself to blame.

DOM is what most people still use for XML.

JQuery has largely taken over for newer HTML projects.

>  Surely everyone
> needs mixed content? We have applications that ignore the need for mixed
> content, filing that requirement under "too difficult", and we have
> applications that only handle the parts of the problem that don't
> involve mixed content, leaving the mixed content requirement to be
> tackled at another level.

+1
>  A standard for geographical information
> that can't cope with rich text is surely a nonsense.

Wait until they need Japanese ruby annotations on place names!

Liam