Re: [xml-dev] [OT] Re: [xml-dev] Lessons learned from the XML experiment

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Uche Ogbuji <uche@ogbuji.net> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Bill Kearney <wkearney@gmail.com> wrote:
From: Uche Ogbuji

But of course that's my perspective;
TL;DR, but seems to summarize well as:

Now you punk kids, get the fuck offa my lawn!

Darn tootin'! I'm about to go all Aunt Eller on y'all and fetch my trusty Winchester.

Oh and don't think the irony is lost on me that I now know exactly how the folks I've jokingly called SGML old-heads felt when folks such as I showed up around these parts at the end of the 90s.

I will say in defense of younger Uche that I immediately set to work writing and sharing open source code and working to train and evangelize others so I could learn some of these lessons the hard way rather than expecting others to explain it all to me in painstaking detail.

--
Uche Ogbuji                                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira                  http://zepheira.com