Re: [xml-dev] YPath, ZPath?

Mikes example  FtanSkrit goes a long way beyond a selection 'language'
(ignoring what else xpath has been asked to do).

xpath 1.0 was just that, a selection language, constrained to XML per
design, based on DSSSL experience.

Given data in one of n forms, xml, json, csv, [spread sheet style data?]
Might some form of xpath be suitable?

Jeni T and her 'big data' springs to mind as data to work with for the
latter class of data (not quite tabular).

It strikes me that xpath has some very relevant and some irrelevant
aspects when looking at such wider data sets. Is there sufficient
commonality to group them? Might a 'node' have more than one
definition depending on which class of data is being searched?

regards Dave P