Re: [xml-dev] A question of necessity

Steve Newcomb <srn@coolheads.com> wrote:
> ...Why couldn't all of your *technical* requirements have been *better*
> satisfied with something like 'architectural form attributes' as described
> in HyTime?"

The awesome part is of course that I'm doing all this stuff using a
variant of XTM (Topic Maps), so yeah ...

> The
> technical mess that Michael Kay summarized so compactly is rooted in
> the de-facto supremacy of private interests over public ones.

... or that they didn't quite knew what they wanted?

Btw, I'm not disagreeing with Arjun, I'm just trying to understand
what 'necessary' means. I have a sneaking suspicion that we're heading
towards the tar-pits of implementation rules rather than conceptual
design.

>  As a matter of history, the HyTime solution came
> first [...]

HyTime was awesome, a fine fjord to pine for ...

Cheers,

Alex
--
 Information Alchemist / UX badass / GUI wrangler for hire
 http://thinkplot.org     |  http://www.linkedin.com/in/shelterit