   RE: from a new member

  • From: Mark Birbeck <Mark.Birbeck@iedigital.net>
  • To: 'Ruth Bergman' <Ruth@jpl.nasa.gov>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:45:53 -0000

Ruth wrote:
> Let me elaborate.  I think an xml resume is useful because it
> would let you
> store all the relevant information in ONE document.

I am currently putting together exactly such a thing!!

I was looking for an application that would provide a public site that
would 'run itself', the idea being that people could upload stuff and
others could download it either as raw XML or as styled XML, but with no
intervention on our part other than perhaps the odd enhancement.

We have all the components we need from another project, but that
project only 'runs' one way - i.e. we disseminate information, but we
don't retrieve it. Hence ... the CV idea! With a few different
stylesheets you could have a plain CV, a summary CV and a brightly
coloured one with your photo in. You could even have a stylesheet that
exports your personal details as a vCard (there's an XML DTD for that).

So, if you are prepared to wait a month or so, I'd say hang fire. And if
you - or anyone else - wants to suggest what elements and attributes
should be in a CV then let me know. I'd like to eventually create a CV
DTD.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Birbeck