   Re: SAX2: relative ordering of startDocument() & startDTD() events?

  • From: Michael Fuller <msf@io.mds.rmit.edu.au>
  • To: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 15:23:28 +1100

David Megginson wrote:
> > Yep; looks like maybe we do need an explicit SAX data model...
> > nothing fancy, just an itemization of the events, their ordering,
> > their relationship to each other and the document context.
>
> That's a little tricky, because it has to be done incrementally:
> people will define new hander types all the time, and DeclHandler and
> LexicalHandler themselves are not core handlers like ContentHandler.

I agree with you that DeclHandler and LexicalHandler are not _core_ handlers,
but they are _standard_ handlers, and their behaviour should be standardized,
even if many (most, even) applications do not wish to use them.

Anyway, nothing complex: just an itemization of events, order, and meaning.
Less of a White Paper, more of a Memo. :-)
(If I get a chance, I'll whip up a draft.)

Michael