   Re: Asynchronous message queue by SMTP&POP3

  • From: Stefan Haustein <haustein@kimo.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
  • To: "K.Kawaguchi" <ml@swiftinc.co.jp>, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 11:13:53 +0100

"K.Kawaguchi" wrote:

> > Either way, the e-mail side of things should
> > be pretty standard, so I'm not sure what a
> > custom component would really do for you ...
>
> Yes, I agree with you that they are standardized. And as you've
> mentioned, sending it is especially easy. There is no need of "custom"
> one.
> Things are basically the same with receiver side. If there exists a good
> POP3 component (with source), maybe I don't need a "custom" one, because
> I can imagine only few XML-specific functionalities

I was unable to determine which programming language you are looking
for.
For JAVA, you'll probably find all you need at:

http://www.java.sun.com/products/javamail/index.html

At the list of third party products you find e.g.:

CEMail: Java-Based Email Client. Built using JavaMail APIs,
        JavaBeans Activation Framework, JFC 1.1.1 and distributed
        under the GPL with source code.
        http://www.ice.com/java/icemail/index.shtml

Best regards

Stefan