   Stranded with standards

  • From: JDavid@rfdinc.com
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 11:59:02 -0500

Greetings:

We are trying to interface a vendor catalog from our e-procurement
application. Both are customised applications and I was hoping if some one
could tell me what approach should I go with.

1) Unless I am interfacing with Ariba's product I cannot use cXML right???
Is that a correct understanding?
2) If not interfacing with commerce one not with xCBL also right?
3) Should I develop my own schemas and use XML for cummunication between
these two applications then?
4) I was told that xCBL and cXML are prelevant industry standards which I
should take into consideration. But if I write my app usign XML and want to
later interface with a customer who has a Ariba's product will my app talk
to their product if the communication is written in XML? (likewise for
xCBL)

TIA

Josh David
RFD & Associates