Re: Should xlink:arcrole or xlink:role be the primary way to dispatchon related resources? was Re: URIs, names and well known RDDL names,

Jason Diamond said -

> Your example details exactly what I was imagining. Thanks for providing such
> a clear explanation.
>
> I especially appreciate your choice of words: purpose and nature! Words like
> "type" need to be wiped from our vocabulary.
>
> I'm assuming that you intend for a resource's purpose to be identified by
> its xlink:arcrole attribute and its nature by its xlink:role attribute, no?

  Yes.  To be more precise, it's the resource's purpose with respect to that
particular xlink that is the arcrole.  It might be used for a different
purpose by another xlink.

BTW, I received Jason's reply to my post BEFORE I had received a copy of my
own post.  That's confusing!

Cheers,

Tom P