Re: Standard RDDL processing order or ALL?

Jeff Rafter wrote:

To: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 1:35 PM
Subject: Standard RDDL processing order or ALL?

> In light of the recent discussion regarding DTD/Schema processing I am
left
> to wonder:
>
> Is there a standard use for an RDDL document containing both a DTD and XML
> Schema and (* your favorite schema here *) where one of the following is
> possible (maybe more):

> 4) This is processor specific and RDDL is just a directory.

It is a fair question. My thinking is that RDDL does not specify how or
whether a document decides to validate. A RDDL document could offer a
preferred schema using an xl:arcrole such as "#primary-schema" vs.
"#alternate-schema" but that would be up to the processor. If this is
something that people want to do, I we could define URIs in arcroles.htm
which could be used in this situation.

-Jonathan