Re: How could RDDL be distributed ?

At 16:57 17/01/2001, you wrote:

>Sorry if you assumed it was some kind of insiderism. The reason
>we used it was that the IETF has a silly little tradition
>of using an 8 character or less short name for sessions so that
>it will fit on a small format schedule. "contextualization" wouldn't
>fit so we used c15n. Nothing sinister, just a silly acronym
>game...

If you say so.

So we are naming standards simply so they can fit in
an internally-used IETF "small format schedule"?

Had it occured to you that "contextualisation" may
be a meaningless word in the first place?

James Robertson
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd
SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy
Illumination: an out-of-the-box Intranet solution

http://www.steptwo.com.au/
jamesr@steptwo.com.au