Re: What is an XML document?

>> Again, if you insist that the definition of XML somehow
>> depends on interactions in the physical world, I'm afraid
>> we have irreconcilable differences.

>Not the definition of XML, only the defn. of
>"document".

>m-w.com gives the following definitions:

(definitions omitted)

I think the SGML spec's definition has held up pretty well over the years:
"a collection of information that is processed as a unit." (ISO 8879 4.96)
The "processed as a unit" part is nice, because it doesn't require the
information to be *stored* as a unit.

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii