[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: simpleType hh:mm:ss:ff
- From: Bob Kline <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: =?UNKNOWN?Q?Jos=E9?= Manuel Beas <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 06:50:13 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, [UNKNOWN] Josť Manuel Beas wrote:
> Thanks Bob,
> It's a hard work, I agree. But... is it possible to define:
> <xsd:simpleType name="day">
> <xsd:restriction base="xsd:number">
> <xsd:minInclusive value="1"/>
> <xsd:maxInclusive value="31"/>
> and define some kind of xsd:complexType as a "fussion" of day, month
> and year, but restricting the maximum bound of those components to
> something depending on the others (i.e., the max value of a day
> depends on the month value).????
You would need two things.
1. Separation of the components of the date in different elements.
2. Conditional constraints, supporting different constraints on an
element's value based on a value in some other element or
attribute, which W3C's Schema mechanism doesn't have.
But it does have support for dates. You just have to live with the
syntax they've chosen.