What is the purpose of RDF Schema? was RE: What is the nature of HTML4.0?

> The nature of a RDF document would obviously be
> "http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#", then.

yep.

> What do you think of a new "alternative representation" purpose ? and
> what URL should we give it ?

that is a fairly generic purpose, for example:

http://www.rddl.org/purposes#purpose

is the most generic purpose.

For an RDF Schema is "alternative representation" the purpose? Is "schema
validation" the purpose? (i think not). The question is: What is the purpose
of an RDF Schema?

I'm happy to add "alternative-representation" as a generic purpose but I
think we can do better for RDF Schema. (note that in the RDDL spec, I don't
have a purpose for RDF Schema listed -- does that mean it has none? -- just
kidding.).

-Jonathan