Re: What is the purpose of RDF Schema? was RE: What is the nature ofHTML4.0?

Jonathan Borden wrote:

> > The nature of a RDF document would obviously be
> > "http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#", then.
>
> yep.
>

> > What do you think of a new "alternative representation" purpose ? and
> > what URL should we give it ?
> >

> that is a fairly generic purpose, for example:
>
> http://www.rddl.org/purposes#purpose
>
> is the most generic purpose.
>
> For an RDF Schema is "alternative representation" the purpose? Is "schema
> validation" the purpose? (i think not). The question is: What is the purpose
> of an RDF Schema?

I should have been more precise, sorry ;) .

My request is for describing a location for a RDF document containing
the same information than the RDDL but using a RDF syntax.

This could be used as a pointer by tools/applications that would prefer
a RDF syntax instead of the XLink one...

When the pointer is missing, they can always perform a XSLT
transformation, but when the document is also published as RDF why
wouldn't they use it directly ?

Eric (trying to reconciliate two worlds)