From: Chris Loschen [mailto:loschen@texterity.com]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 4:15 PM
To: Mark McClure
Subject: Re: Converting XML to ASCII

>I am extremely new to XML, and my boss asked me to figure this out.  Does
>anyone know of any freeware apps that will do this conversion?  Maybe to be
>incorporated in to a batch file...

Hi, Mark!

You're probably about to get a whole pile of replies to this. XML already IS
ASCII: no conversion necessary. One of XML's big selling points is that it's
made up entirely of lower ASCII characters, and no control characters
are allowed.

Perhaps you intended to ask a somewhat different question, like: is there
a way to strip all the XML tags from an XML instance and output only
the content? If you intended to ask something else, we'll need more
specific information to help give you an answer.

Good luck! Hope this helps.
--

--Chris

Texterity ~ XML and PDF ePublishing Services
Chris Loschen, XML Developer
Texterity, Inc.
144 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772 USA