Accessing XSL tree after applying imports

Is there a way in which I can get access to the in memory representation of
an XSL stylesheet after it has imported other stylesheets and possibly
overriden the definition of templates?  I would be looking for the existence
of processing instruction elements in the FINAL document, once all imports
had been resolved.

Thanks,
John