Re: CodeML?

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, robert sanford wrote:

> is there a specification anywhere for creating an xml based
> programming language? the idea that i have in my head is that a
> language would be specified in a schema describing a BNF like
> structure and that potentially an XSLT could translate a "program"
> (aka instance document) written in that language to an actual
> implementation language such as perl, java, c++, etc.
>
> i know that i can do this but i'd like to see if there are ant
> existing works that i can build off of.

Depends on exactly what you're looking for, but maybe XSP (eXtensible
Server Pages) fits your bill. Both Cocoon
(http://xml.apache.org/cocoon) and AxKit (http://axkit.org) have
implementations - i.e. it is underlying language independant.

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **
 // \\| // **     Personal Web Site: http://sergeant.org/     **