Re: PSVI

"Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com> writes:

> (And instead of Infoset vs. PSVI, I'd love people to start thinking in
> terms of SI - standalone [no external resource] infoset, DTDI -
> DTD-influenced infoset, and then PSVI.  Brought to you by the Committee for
> Unusable Acronyms, CUA.)

I like it.  My only quibble:  The internal/external and
DTD-influenced/uninfluenced distinctions are independent.  I.e given

<?xml version='1.0' standalone='yes'?>
<!DOCTYPE foo [
<!ATTLIST foo baz CDATA 'banana'>
]>
<foo/>

some conforming processors will fill in the attribute value and some
won't.

So we need

 MISI    Minimal Internal Subset Infoset ('missy')
 CISI    Complete Internal Subset Infoset ('sissy')
 MESI    Minimal External Subset Infoset ('messy')
 CESI    Complete External Subset Infoset ('sexy' :-)
 PSVI    Post Schema-Validation Infoset ('poxy' ::--))

ht