Re: an xpath/xsl question: why must (a QName in an) argument be a pathexpression?

> Yes. I admit, I did use an example from a dated xsl description. Please
> do not be misled by the details.

yes function arguments are evaluated before being passed to the function
so have to evaluate to one of the XPath types. A Qname would evaluate to
the node set produced by selecting child element nodes of that name.

David

http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp