Re: an xpath/xsl question: why must (a QName in an) argument be apathexpression?

> Aha. Ok. So that is, in fact, the nature of the XPath-World. Still, I'm
> surprised that QNames, as important as they are, then cannot be passed
> to functions. So be it.

Functions that need to see a name (such as id() which needs the id name,
which is a QName)  take them as strings, thus it's id('foo:bar') not
id(foo:bar) the latter is legal of course, but looks up the ID with name
given by the string value of the element node selected by foo:bar
rather than the former, which looks up the ID foo:bar.

David

http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp