Re: URI resolver

As for "basic assumptions", you forgot consensus.

As of this date and time, I hereby redefine the "http:" URI scheme to
be an identifier for types of food. HTTP servers are to be replaced
with "foodservs", which simply displays types of food (as recipies)
and nothing else. All foods and foodservs have to be approved by the
U.N. An example of the new form of HTTP URL is
http://myserver.com/hawaiian-pizza [N.B., yes you can serve recipies
over HTTP, but they aren't approved by the U.N., so they wont taste
all that great].

Now, I go away for a few months, and in that time, more and more
hungry people who can't cook (students usually) read my message and
think "what a great idea". A revolution ensues, and within half a year
99% of people are using "http:" URLs to reference recipies and only
recipies.

I come back off from farming the ocean floor, having completely
forgotten about my message. I get back home, type in my homepage
address, and am pleasently suprised when I find it has turned into a
recipie for rice and chicken-in-white-sauce. I find this ironic as my
old homepage contained a recipie for rice and chicken-in-white-sauce
as well, but I could never get the sauce right.

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer