Re: "Binary XML" proposals

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Sean McGrath wrote:

> Vendors play on one of the programming communities most
> pervasive weakness - fixation on speed of execution at the expense
> of speed of change & speed of debugging.
>
> Programmer : "Why is it all hidden behind an API with the data
> stored in binary?"

That's talking about proprietary binary formats, which are what I'm trying
to prevent by aiming for a standard binary XML. Does that mean you're with
me now? :-)

There *is* demand for binary XML, because people are doing it out there as
we speak.

Either they do it alone in their particular niches, creating
interoperability issues, or somebody with enough weight produces a decent
general purpose binary encoding that's easy to work with.

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell
 http://www.alaric-snell.com/  http://RFC.net/  http://www.warhead.org.uk/