RE: Newbie

[...]

> I was wondering if anyone could recommend any
> REALLY basic online tutorials or white papers or any other resources. I am
> trying to figure out if XML is something we need or not.

IBM developerWorks has some tutorials:
http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/education.nsf/dw/xml-onlinecourse-byti
tle

XML.com has a technical introduction to XML:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/98/10/guide0.html

..and a regular Q&A column:
http://www.xml.com/pub/q/xmlqanda

...and a tutorial resource guide:
http://www.xml.com/pub/rg/Tutorials

Robin Cover also has a collection of pointers to sites that may be useful,
as
well as being a gold-mine in its own right
http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/xml.html#sites

And there's the XML FAQ:
http://www.ucc.ie/xml/

HtH.

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Systems Architect       | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitate"