Re: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing

On 02 Aug 2001 09:32:21 -0400, I wrote:
> I should have another version of the filters up today or tomorrow,
> depending on if I can figure out why AttributesImpl.addAttribute() seems
> to hang silently and completely on my system.

The com.simonstl.namespace.elements.ElementAnnotNamespaceFilter now
works. There are a few sample "annotEl1.xml" rules files in the zip, and
the testN.xml files make good targets.  There's an ugly workaround in
the code for copying attributes from the original event to the new
event, but it beats having the system hang mysteriously.

This SAXFilter adds an attribute indicating namespace context to
unqualified elements stored within qualified elements.

I haven't had time to update the documentation to cover this (or the
namespace replacement filters) yet, but hopefully it'll be up by Monday.
I've got to run over to Boston and back the next few days.  There is a
bit of javadoc as well.

Simon St.Laurent