Re: Off Topic - HTML mail

Ken North wrote:

> The benefit of HTML mail seems rather obvious. It's the same reason I read
> today's newspaper instead of tossing it because it was composed using only
> 10 pt Courier.

10 pt Courier is vastly preferable to some of the postings I see. Like you, I'm arguing for readability.

> When dealing with members of a digital generation that takes inspiration
> from videogames and MTV, my experience is attention span is a problem for
> which HTML is a solution. It takes less work for me to get my point across.

How so?

Your mail comes through fine - is it HTML?

> The operative word in written communication is communication.

I agree - but I would suggest that it's much more important to get the point across than to worry about whether it
looks pretty.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au