RE: [xml-dev] XML for Video, Pizza Shops & TakeOut

I suspect the answer is the same reason why you have to
identify where you are to a WAP service giving local information.

Privacy.

Who gets to know where you are, where you're going, and
where you've been?

I have an inkling that there's some legislation on this in the
UK at least, but don't have any references to hand.

There's also some big commercial benefits to this information
(which probably adds to the danger).

L.