RE: [xml-dev] XML Database Decision Tree?

You're right.  Speaking generally, the native XML DBMS tend to be more
flexible in handling data with no schema, or with evolving schema, than
solutions based on normalizing XML into RDBMS tables.  Another node for the
decision tree ...

Speaking of which, this really is a useful thread for me (I hope we
addressed the original poster's question!).  It would be nice if some
"neutral" party summarized it.

Nobody responded to my "XML Wikipedia" suggestion ... but apparently that
process works reasonably well to foster neutral, factual, but useful content
on controversial subjects .... it would be interesting to brainstorm how to
summarize and archive whatever consensus emerges on a variety of contentious
subjects that we discuss here (schemas, namespaces, the various APIs, etc.).