RE: [xml-dev] Re: determining ID-ness in XML

Right. "Semi-deprecated" was not a good choice of words ... "Likely to
create interoperability problems because of their lack of universal support"
was more what I had in mind.  I agree that DTDs (and PIs, and CDATA
sections) will remain legal and quite useful in specific niches for some
time, I just would prefer to see new features built on a mechanism such as
the xml: prefix that are  more widely understood.

Also, SOAP may be "just an application" but it's XML's largest carrier of
mindshare these days.  It's generally bad business to make life difficult
for your biggest customer :~)