Re: [xml-dev] So maybe ID isn't a problem after all.

--- Gavin Thomas Nicol <gtn@rbii.com> wrote:
> Well, we've heard that, depending on the system, the resource identified by
> the URI might not be unique... so I guess we have varying degrees of
> uniqueness.

Not quite sure what you're getting at here. A URI should always identify the
same resource. The content of the resource may vary with time (e.g. "IBM's
current stock price"), or in form (text/html or application/xml), but if the
same URI suddenly starts referring to Microsoft's stock price, something is
broken.

Jim

=====
Jim Ancona