   Re: [xml-dev] canonicalization

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> There is nothing preventing you from doing this today as part of your
> local processes. You can take document A, merge the XIncludes to
> produce document B, and then validate, canonicalize, encrypt, and/or
> digitally sign document A and/or document B. Each process will have
> the clear and unambiguous result defined by the specs.

Sure, but it might be interesting to do it in an interchangeable way.

> Just don't tell me that document A and document B are the same thing,
> or expect that I will be satisfied with working only with document B
> and never want to touch document A.

I really don't understand what you want to show here.

I won't take the risk of saying if A and B are the same document without
a defininition of when documents are "the same".

And if I have my local process to produce document B and if document B
is the interchange format which we've agreed to use, the way I am
producing it is my own business.

Eric
--
See you in Seattle.