   Re: RE: [xml-dev] Interesting mailing list & a rare broadside

6/4/2002 8:09:55 PM, "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com> wrote:

> After all, how many regular
> users look at SOAP messages or HTTP requests?

Well, those debugging their web service code to make .NET and J2EE interoperate,
to name a few thousand :~)

Anyway, James Clark addresses this argument:
'I often hear people say: "It doesn't really matter that the spec W3C
XML Schema Rec is so hard to understand; only W3C XML Schema
implementors need to do this". I think this is misguided.  People who
want to be sure they have understood exactly what a particular W3C XML
schema means also have to understand the W3C XML Schema Rec.'

and 'There seems to be a tendency for people to suspend
their technical judgment when it comes to W3C XML Schema. The attitude
seems to be "It's a W3C Recommendation; everybody is using it, so we
should too, regardless of its technical merits."  I don't think this
attitude serves the best long-term interests of the Internet.  I and
others have sacrificed a huge amount of time and effort to try and
provide the community with a solid, technically credible alternative
and I think it deserves to be considered seriously on its technical
merits and not dismissed on the basis of its current level of market
acceptance.'