   RE: [xml-dev] Can RDDL and RDF coexist?

 Further, the RDF Syntax spec requires that the
properties namespace must not only be a label, but, in fact, must be a
valid URL to an RDF Schema document (which defines what the property
means, thus enabling dynamic understanding of a property).  That's my
understanding.  Is it an incorrect understanding?

Yes it is incorrect.

One of the odd things about RDF is though it is full of URIs, RDF processing
doesn't involve  URI dereferencing. URIs are used like keys.

regards

Nigel Hutchison

Nigel W.O Hutchison
Chief Scientist, W3C AC Representative
Software AG
Uhlandstr 12,  D-64297 Darmstadt, Germany
Tel +49 6151 92 1207