   Re: [xml-dev] W3C Schema: Resistance is Futile, says Don Box

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 04:29:49AM +1000, Rick Jelliffe wrote:
> From: "Francis Norton" <francis@redrice.com>
>
>  > XSD types are great for Web Service (program-to-program) use cases in my
> > opinion - you get the choice of specifying language-level types (eg
> > xs:byte) where appropriate, or application-specific (eg xs:long, with
> > maxExclusive and minInclusive) where more appropriate. And for
> > human-to-human use cases, you can just leave them all as strings if
> > that's the functionality you want. So what's the problem?
>
> So publishing people don't really have data that needs to be validated?
> With that kind of thinking, you should join the Schema WG :-)

So what's your point, Mr. Schematron Author? Maybe publishing people can
use DTDs, RELAX NG, or Schematron, and let the Web Services crowd have
their bloated XSD. As long as they don't force everyone to use it.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA