   Re: [xml-dev] W3C Schema: Resistance is Futile, says Don Box

> protocol. That's why I'm surprised you say that SOAP/WSDL/... services
> are a good idea because "It's great to have common data syntax,
> networking protocols, why not app protocols?" I don't understand what
> this has to do with SOAP. SOAP is not an app protocol.

That's why I deliberately included WSDL, nu?

> Okay, here's a SOAP message, please tell me what SOAP says it means:

> If you give me an HTTP or DNS or for that matter IP message, I think
> that I will be able to tell you much more about what it means according
> to the HTTP, or DNS or IP specs than you will be able to tell me about
> the message above

Of course you will because you have an external schema -- the specs --
that defines syntax and semantics.  Trying to decode IP traffic without
the RFCs is the same as decoding SOAP messages without their data
definition.  Play fair. :)

> Of course. They are experiencing success! The perfect time to switch
> strategies. ;)

Unh no.  They want the header extensibility and message routing, etc.,
made possible by the SOAP framework.

	/r$