   RE: [xml-dev] User interface programming XUL?

Matt,

I don't think the concept itself is 'ill-conceived'.  I have seen and
built ample evidence of its effectiveness.  For example, it takes only a
minute to build GUI around your favorite command line tool; adding help
and parameter validation would add a few more minutes.  Another example
is Eclipse plug-ins.  While some plug-ins require deep integration with
Eclipse, simple plug-ins can be created using XUL without intimate
knowledge of Eclipse innards.

Use of XUL in Mozilla itself is debateble.  Sure there was a lot of GUI
frontends to create, but I think one could have achieved the same with
some readily available tools.

I think Java needs something like XUL but better.

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse