   Re: [xml-dev] Non-xml syntax for WXS

> Possibly aside the point, but I personally find it rather
> annoying that just about all the examples  I've seen of
> XSD syntax use fully-prefixed elements names, despite
> the fact that none of the elements  are outside the
> XSD namespace.  I guess it reminds me too much of
> MS-Hungarian notation, which I also personall find
> unreadable.

Well it is "personal flavor" and all of that. I tend to agree though, that
when teaching (or in examples) setting the XML Schema namespace as the
default is much easier to focus on what is going on. This is the direction I
went in Beginning XML 2E-- but it was only after starting with everything
prefixed. That said, I think it was maybe more "Schema culture" that
prompted people to use the other format-- I seem to remember this coming
about originally because a lot of examples were being written around the
time of the recommendation (and just before)-- that corresponds with a long
discussion here about "default namespaces are bad". When working with
inclusion of multiple schemas (or even the whole elementFormDefault bit)
default namespace declarations may tend to confuse things.

Cheers,
Jeff Rafter
Defined Systems
http://www.defined.net
XML Development and Developer Web Hosting