   Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete (was Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question

> I think it's also fair to suggest that "Global attribute" is at best
> underspecified, defined only (and pretty vaguely) in the _non-normative_
> Appendix A.

well I'd have to agree with that (especially given that most of that
appendix is fairly meaningless...)

So if we avoid the G word then we seem to be agreeing.

I said that your proposal to consider unprefixed attributes as being in
the namespace of their elements would make them global. You objected to
that but if I said that would put them in a namespace, you would
presumably agree.

And as I've already said I've no argument with a best practice statement
that would say that an application ought not give the unprefixed
attribute and the attribute in the namespace of the parent different
semantics if both are allowed.

David