   Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete (was Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question)

> > As I've already said, the definition of a global attribute is not important.
>
> A proposal was made, some people commented that that proposal would have
> a possibly undesirable affect on global atributes.
> You and Simon stated it wouldn't have any affect on global attributes.
>
> It turns out that you are not using the definition of "global attribute"
> from the namespace spec. It's not that your definition is bad it's just
> confusing to discus a spec using different meanings for the terms
> defined in the spec.

I think you're being very ungracious here, given that I've taken my knock for
introducing that confusion and have said that I shall use the term as in the
1.0 spec in future.

OK, here you go: neither the fact that an attribute is prefixed, nor the fact
that an attribute may be in a different namespace than its element is
important to the fundamental principles we are discussing here.  Therefore,
what name is ascribed to such property is not relevant, either.

If you disagree, can you say why these are relevant?

Track chair, XML/Web Services One Boston: http://www.xmlconference.com/
Basic XML and RDF techniques for knowledge management, Part 7 -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think12.html
Keeping pace with James Clark - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/libra
ry/x-jclark.html
Python and XML development using 4Suite, Part 3: 4RDF -
http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/education.nsf/xml-onlinecourse-bytitle/8A
1EA5A2CF4621C386256BBB006F4CEC