   RE: [xml-dev] Global/Local attributes

  • To: "David Carlisle" <davidc@nag.co.uk>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Global/Local attributes
  • From: "Don Box" <dbox@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:22:36 -0700
  • Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

Doh!!! You're absolutely correct. My 18 months away from using default
namespaces has obviously had an effect.

Here's what I meant to say :-)

XML Schema's QName simple type uses the element rule [1].

XPath node tests use the attribute rule [2].

XML Query node tests use the element rule [3].

When assigning names to constructs in XSLT (named templates, modes,
etc.), XSLT uses the attribute rule [4]. The same rule is used for
references to those constructs.

When using QName in the xsl:element/@name attribute, XSLT uses the
element rules [5].

When using QName in the xsl:attribute/@name attribute, XSLT uses the